Audition at HART
Hillsboro Artists’ Regional Theatre and Director Stan Yeend will be holding open auditions for Beth Henley's Crimes of the Heart on August 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Friday, Aug 6 @ 6:30 PM
- Saturday, Aug 7 @ 2:00 PM
- If needed, callbacks will be by invitation only on Sunday, August 8 @ 2 PM.
Performance Dates: October 22nd - November 7th, 2021. Friday and Saturdays at 7:30 PM, Sundays at 2:00 PM.
Audition Location: Hillsboro Artists’ Regional Theatre. 185 SE Washington St, Hillsboro, OR 97123
Preparation: No appointments necessary. Auditions consist of a readings from the script - please take a look at the audition sides in advance and come prepared to read from the script. Individuals of all levels of experience and all ethnicities are invited to audition. This is a non-paid volunteer opportunity.
****For the safety of everyone involved, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED FROM COVID-19 TO AUDITION. Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination when you come to auditions***
For more information contact Stan Yeend (Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE SHOW:
"Crimes of the Heart," a darkly comedic play by Beth Henley is set in 1974. Three eccentric sisters in Hazlehurst, Mississippi, are having what Babe, the youngest sister, calls a 'bad day.' She is out on bail, having just shot her husband. The middle sister, Meg, a would-be singing star, has retreated from Hollywood by way of a psychiatric ward and Lenny, the eldest sister, is facing her 30th birthday with no romantic prospects. Past resentments bubble to the surface and each sister must come to terms with her own “crimes of the heart”.
Ages of the characters are listed because they are specifically mentioned in the play. Obviously, actors do not have to be that age but must be convincing as that age.
- Lenny, 30, The oldest McGrath sister, meek and mild she has stayed at home to care for Old Grandaddy. (and maybe avoid life). Loves her sisters but is also somewhat resentful.
- Meg, 27, The middle sister, self-involved, black sheep of the family with a wild side. Left home to pursue a singing career but failed.
- Babe, 24, The youngest sister, vivacious and sunny on the outside but troubled on the inside. Out on bail for shooting her husband.
- Chick, 29, the sisters first cousin, priggish matron who has claimed her placed in small town society and is very concerned with appearances.
- Barnette, 26, awkward but brilliant, he seems interested in Babe and bringing down her husband.
- Doc, 30, Meg’s old boyfriend, quiet, stoic, walks with a slight limp from the night he and Meg shared during a Hurricane.