Audition at HART
Audition Notice - Don’t Dress for Dinner
By Marc Camoletti
Directed by Dawn Sellers
Please read the notice carefully.
Bernard is planning a romantic weekend with his chic Parisian mistress in his charming converted French farmhouse, whilst his wife, Jacqueline, is away. He has arranged for a cordon bleu cook to prepare gourmet delights, and has invited his best friend, Robert, along too to provide the alibi. It’s foolproof; what could possibly go wrong? Well.... suppose Robert turns up not realizing quite why he has been invited.
Suppose Robert and Jacqueline are secret lovers, and consequently determined that Jacqueline will NOT leave for the weekend. Suppose the cook has to pretend to be the mistress and the mistress is unable to cook. Suppose everyone’s alibi gets confused with everyone else’s. An evening of hilarious confusion ensues as Bernard and Robert improvise at breakneck speed.
This show was a sell out last time it was performed. It was one of HART Theatre’s BEST shows of their 25 years and is returning for this 25th Anniversary Season. Come be part of this fun, hilarious show. We will work to give the audience a fantastic experience and we will have fun doing it!!
**Note that this show will run in the season line up AFTER Midsummer Night’s Dream, however Don't Dress For Dinner auditions are being held prior to A Midsummer Night's Dream due to scheduling considerations.
Performance Dates: March 20th – April 5, 2020
**NOTE: THE ROLE OF BERNARD HAS BEEN CAST** **ALL OTHER ROLES ARE OPEN**
WHEN & WHERE:
- Auditions will be held at HART Theatre (located at 185 SE Washington, Hillsboro, OR)
Sunday, October 27, 4-6 pm
Monday, October 28, 6-8 pm
Callbacks (if needed) will be held on Tuesday, October 29th at 6 pm
This show requires fast comedic timing. Please come prepared to read from the script with other actors.
Rehearsals will be in downtown Hillsboro, and will begin the week of January 6th and continue through opening date of March 20th.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Those interested in auditioning should come prepared with a resume and headshot (if available). Please be prepared to have your photo taken if you do not have a headshot.
- Please bring your calendar to list ALL rehearsal/performance conflicts. Note: Conflicts not listed on your audition sheet may not be able to be honored.
- You are encrouaged to read the script prior to auditioning. Scripts can be obtained from your local library or through the publishing company.
Present time, takes place in the living room of a country house outside of Paris.
Bernard **This role has been cast**
Jacqueline, his wife female, 45-55 year old
Robert, his friend male, 45-55 year old
Suzanne, his mistress female model, 5’7” or taller
Suzette, the cook female, 40-60 year old
George, the cooks partner male or female, 30-60 year old
Audition Notice - A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
Please read carefully!
Hillsboro Artists' Regional Theatre (HART) Presents an Electrifying and Steam driven retelling of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream directed by Chris White and Tyson Redifer. Dueling Fairies, Star-Crossed Lovers, an overbearing father and a mischievous Sprite help create chaos in this classic comedy...and just wait until you see the play-within-the-play!
Performance Dates: February 14th - March 1st, 2020
**ALL ROLES ARE OPEN** **We invite ALL interested parties to audition**
WHEN & WHERE:
- On Sunday, November 3rd: Auditions will be held at the Hillsboro Pythian Building (located at 147 SE 2nd Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97123) from 6:30 to 9 pm.
- On Monday, November 4th: Auditions will be in the HART Theatre (located at 185 SE Washington St, Hillsboro, OR 97123) from 6:30 to 9 pm.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Callbacks to be held on Wednesday, November 6th, 2019.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Resumes and headshots are preferred but not required. Please be prepared to have your photo taken if no headshot is available.
- Please bring your calendar to list any rehearsal and/or performance conflicts. Conflicts not written on your audition form may not be able to be honored.
Please Note: Open audition dates for A Midsummer Night's Dream are 11/3 and 11/4 only, as auditions for another upcoming HART production (Don't Dress For Dinner) will be taking place on 10/27 through 10/29.
There is no monetary compensation for actors.
Theseus (M 30 - 50) Duke of Athens
Hippolyta (F 25 - 45) Queen of the Amazon's
Lysander (M 18 - 25) Hermias Lover
Demetrius (M 18 - 25) Suitor to Hermia. Former lover of Helena
Hermia (F 18 - 25) Daughter of Ageus. In love with Lysander
Helena (F 18 - 25) Former lover of Demetrius
Oberon (M 30 - 50) The King of the Fairies
Titania (F 25 - 45) Oberon’s Wife. The Queen of the Fairies
Puck (M/F 17 - 28) A mischievous Sprite with magical powers
Nick Bottom (M 25 - 50) A Weaver
Egeus (M 40 - 60) Hermia's Tyrannical Father
Philostrate (M/F 20 - 40) Theseus's Master of Revels
Peter Quince (M 25 - 50) A Carpenter
Francis Flute (M 25 - 50) A Bellows Mender
Tom Snout (M 25 - 50) A Tinker
Snug (M/F 25 - 50) A Joiner
Robin Starveling (M/F 25 - 50) A Tailor
Peaseblossom, Cobweb, Moth, Mustardseed (F 16 - 30) Titania's fairies