Audition at HART
HART Theatre cordially invites you to Open Auditions*
Noises Off by Michael Frayn
Directed by Doug Sellers
Auditions will be held at the HART theatre on:
- Monday, Feb. 17th, 6 - 9 PM
- Saturday, Feb. 22nd, 2 - 5 PM
- Call backs will be held on Saturday, Feb. 29th at 2:30 PM, if necessary
- Performances are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays May 22- June 14, 2020
- Please bring your calendar to list all rehearsal and performance conflicts.
- Please bring a pencil, your acting resume (if available), and a headshot (if available). Your acting experience can also be listed on the Audition Sheet if you do not have a resume.
- The auditions will consist of cold reads from selected sides in the script.
*Please note: The Roles of Selsdon and Brooke have been cast by returning members of original production. ALL other roles are open.
Some actors play two characters: One onstage character and one off stage character. Actors are needed for the following roles:
Dotty Otley / Mrs. Clacket (Off stage Dotty): A late-middle-aged American actress. Forgetful. Dating Garry, though she attempts to make him jealous by meeting with Freddy.
- (On Stage Character: Mrs. Clackett): A Cockney Housekeeper for the Brent's home in England. Hospitable, though slow.
Brooke Ashton / Vicki *The role of Brooke Ashton/Vicki has been filled by a returning member of the Original Cast*:
- (Off Stage: Brooke): A young inexperienced American actress. Pays no attention to other performers, either in performance or backstage. She seems as though she is not really present – like she is somewhere else inside her head. Is always losing her contact lenses. One-third of a Lloyd–Poppy–Brooke love triangle.
- (On Stage Character: Vicki): An English woman who works for Inland Revenue and is trying to woo Roger.
Belinda Blair / Flavia Brent:
- (Off stage Belinda): Cheerful and sensible, a reliable American actress. She may have feelings for Freddy.
- (On Stage Character: Flavia Brent): Phillip Brent's English wife. She is dependable, though not one for household duties.
Poppy Norton-Taylor: American Stage Manager. Emotional and over-sensitive, and envious of Brooke, whom she understudies. Carrying Lloyd's child. One-third of a Lloyd-Poppy-Brooke love triangle.
Lloyd Dallas: The director of the play, Nothing On. Temperamental. One third of a Lloyd–Poppy–Brooke love triangle.
Garry Lejeune / Roger:
- (Off stage: Garry): An American actor who never finishes a sentence. Always is completing sentences with, "you know..." Easily fired up, repeatedly tries to attack Freddy after believing that Dotty was cheating on him with Freddy. Speech affectations disappear onstage but are everpresent offstage. Dating Dotty.
- (On Stage Character: Roger): An English Real estate agent who is attempting to rent Flavia's and Phillip's home, but uses it for his own personal benefit.
Frederick Fellows / Phillip Brent / Sheikh:
- (Off stage: Freddy): An American actor with a serious fear of violence and blood. Gets nosebleeds easily. Often questions the meaning of his lines and moves. Blames himself often for things going wrong.
- (On Stage Character: Phillip Brent): An Englishman who lives out of the country with his wife Flavia to avoid paying taxes. He enters the country knowing that if he is caught by Inland Revenue, he will lose most of the year's income.
- (On Stage Character: Sheikh): A Middle-Eastern, Interested in renting Flavia's and Phillip's home and is the spitting image of Phillip.
Selsdon Mowbray / Burglar *The role of Selsdon Mowbray/Burglar has been filled by a returning member of the Original Cast*:
- (Off Stage: Selsdon Mowbray): An elderly alcoholic Englishman who hides his bottles onstage. If he is not in sight while rehearsing, the stage crew must find him before he passes out. Is hard of hearing when he wants to be.
- (On Stage Character: Burglar): Old Cockney man in his seventies, breaking into the Brent's home.
Timothy Allgood: An over-worked American Assistant Stage Manager. Understudies Selsdon and Freddy.